ITC Bintang – Anchorvale Joint Meeting 2014 Part II - Musing of A Hungry Toastmaster



“No Roti Kahwin for you because you didn’t do your assignment speech CC#11,” says the President, looking at me sternly as my tummy emaciated.

“No Ikan Bakar for you because you have too many speech crutches,” says the Vice President of Education. But I’m the Ah Counter! She was adamant to withhold the crispy succulent freshly grilled fish from me, completely ignoring the fact that I didn’t eat for 30 minutes.

“No Cendol for you because you didn’t upload the photos of our latest outing and share them on Facebook,” says the Vice President of Public Relation sniggering cheekily while gulping the whole bowl of cold, yummy and sweet perfection while I’m drooling rainbow.

I was puzzled at their behavior. I was filled with anxiety. I was sweating profusely. I was shaking in fear. What happened to the friendly faces of our club? What happened to sharing is caring? Where’s my mummy?!

Just then, the Vice President of Membership emerged from a waft of smoke, swung her arm and threw a piece of hot Putu Piring straight into my face. Thud!

I opened my eyes. I fell out of bed landing my face on the snowman soft toy I got for Christmas. I slowly pulled myself up. It was just a bad dream. It’s 4.30 in the morning. I remembered I didn’t have dinner the night before. I was………famished.

I went into the kitchen and took a quick bite - Jacob’s biscuit dip in Milo. I shouldn’t continue sleeping or else I’ll be late for work. I switched on my laptop and reminisced about all the food I had during the ITC Bintang – Anchorvale Joint Meeting in Melaka on 22 November 2014, a sequel to our first ever cross-border joint meeting which took place in Singapore exactly one year ago.


Food is an integral part of ITC Bintang Toastmasters Club. Where there is food, an ITC Bintang member has been there. Melaka has lived up to its name as the destination to ease our cravings for scrumptious delicacy. Let’s go straight into all the food we had after the meeting!



Roti Kahwin




Must order extra



Satisfied for breakfast



 Stopped by for Pineapple Tarts


 
The wonderful Nyonya food for lunch



Coconut shake to quench our thirst




Some dessert to wash down the food



We don't stop just there

The freshest haul from the Straits of Melaka for dinner


 
Feeling happy


 
Invading Jonker Street for more food



 Who could resist this signature dessert?



Ah, the Twister Potato


And finally...


The limited edition Putu Piring for supper. 



My stomach is really growling now at the moment. Guess I’ll just get myself a set of Roti Kahwin, 2 half boiled eggs and a cup of Hailam Coffee for breakfast. Till our next food trip… stay hungry, ITC Bintang :-)

 

Comments